The Initiation division is the entry point into hockey for many families. The overarching goal of our program is to teach the fundamentals of hockey in a fun, supportive and stimulating environment. To achieve this goal, we have two different levels with each building upon the previous level.
U6 - Initiation I (Intro To Hockey)
- For kids aged 5 & under
- Focus on learning to skate + very basic hockey skills. No games.
- 1 hr per week on Sat.
- 20-25 on ice hours total for year (1 hour/wk on average)
U7 - Initiation II (Mite)
- For kids aged 6 (or capable 5 year olds with 1+ year experience)
- Focus on fundamental hockey skills + power skating
- 40+ hours of team practice that focuses on skills development
- Cross-ice exhibition games and jamborees played against other centres
- 1.5-2.5 hours of ice time per week on Fri., Sat or Sun
- 50-60 on ice hours total for year (2+ hours/wk on average)
If you are a returning player, you can register online. If you are a new player, please register in person. See the General Information
page for more details.